In the first round of evaluation the papers will be evaluated by Panel of eminent researchers from academics and industry headed by Dr.(Mrs.) Mangal Nagarsenkar, Professor Emeritus at Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai, India. The evaluation criteria will be as follows:
1. Whether the title is clearly stated to represent the study undertaken.
2. Whether the abstract provides an accurate overview of the content of the paper.
3. Whether the content is clear and easy to understand.
4. Whether the Objective or purpose of the research is clearly explained.
5. Whether the research methodology is succinctly explained.
6. Whether the figures (i.e., tables and graphs) convey the intended data.
7. Whether without any verbal explanation, readers grasp the intent of the paper.
8. Whether possible future directions for the project are presented clearly.
9. Whether the paper presents any innovative or unique idea.
In the second round of evaluation Authors of Top 10 papers will be required to present their work in ISPE India’s Virtual conference “Recent Advances in Pharmaceutical Formulation Technology” to be held on June 1, 2021 which will be attended by National and International Audience.
The author will have 10 minutes to make a presentation which will be followed by Q & A for upto 10 minutes. The presentation will be evaluated by panel of judges on following additional criteria:
1. Author’s ability to present content in a logical, continuous manner.
2. Knowledge of the author on the subject matter.
3. Author’s body language (i.e., confidence/nervousness/calmness)
4. Ability of the author to answer judges’ questions.
5. Ability to present in allocated time & convey the intent of the research.
Scoring for each of the above criteria will be done on a scale of 0 to 10
Based on the combined evaluation of both rounds best three papers will be selected and awarded prizes.
First Prize - Rs. 100,000
Second Prize - Rs. 75,000
Third Prize - Rs. 50,000
Dr.(Mrs). Mangal S. Nagarsenker, Professor Emeritus Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai has 38 years of research experience and has mentored more than 45 M. Pharm and 30 Ph. D students. She is a member of the editorial advisory board of IJPS, editorial advisory board of Drug Delivery Letters, Bentham Publication and has reviewed several articles in different national and international journals.
She has authored more than 100 research articles (national and international), 8 review articles, 6 book chapters and 2 books. She has more than 100 research papers presented at various national and international conferences to her credit and has been granted three Indian patents and three trademarks. Her group has applied for one PCT.
She has been a recipient of awards including Prof. (Mrs.) M. R. Baichwal Visiting fellow in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology in UICT (2005-2006), Amrut Mody Research Fund, Distinguished Researcher National Award (2012), Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI) Dr. (Mrs.) Manjushree Pal Best Researcher National Award (2013).
Her key areas of research interest entail design, formulation, optimisation and characterization of nano systems like targeted liposomes, lipid based nano systems, polymeric nano systems, cyclodextrin based drug delivery, controlled release systems for oral, parenteral, topical, pulmonary and ophthalmic routes and gene delivery. Her research group is the first to design and report the utility of nano systems like Gelupearl and Leciplex.
She has research collaborations with university of Jena, Germany, University of Helsinki , Finland, Goethe University, Germany, G S medical college, Mumbai, ACTREC, navi Mumbai , IICT, Hyderabad and CDRI , Lucknow. Her research is funded by various agencies like ICMR, DBT, CSIR, AICTE, UGC, Lady Tata memorial fund and AMRF from India and by BMBF, Germany, Academy of Finland, Finland , VLAIO, Belgium and Bristol Meyer Sqibb, USA.